Saturday, June 29, 2013

Illusions of Goodness-Experiment (June 22, 2013)





I had always thought false eyelashes were the hardest thing to apply to ones face, give me liquid latex in the shape of a wound or a burn any day. So when I cracked open this months voxbox I yelped in terror to see two boxes of fluttery beautiful false lashes from the company kiss. They came with their own lash glue and a tiny pink pair of tweezers you are suppose to use to apply the lashes.  Hey I thought to myself maybe things will be easier this time! So I broke 'em out one dark and stormy night to see if I could follow through with my assumption. I'm happy to report I didn't stab my eye out! I really like how natural these lashes look, though very long they aren't heavy on my lash line.

What I used:

Eyes-
Maybelliene Color Tattoo in Barely Beige
Milani color eyez stick in royal purple
Sugarpill eyeshadow in Dollipop (Blended lightly into the inner crease.)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Magic (Blended into the crease.)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Tornado (Patted onto the lid.)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Illusion (To highlight.)
Urban Decay eyeliner (Vintage 24/7 glide on pencil) in Gunmetal (Top and bottom lash line.)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Oz (The silver part of the duo used over Gunmetal)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Aura (The pink side used to further blend out the crease and highlight the inner corner of the lid.)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in South (Used to lightly darken the lower lash line.)
Eyeliner
Kiss False lashes in 05 ( I think I am to lazy to check right now.)

lips-
A dupe of Mac's Candy Yum Yum

I mostly used Urban Decay's Glinda palette for this look since I had gotten it that day. I love the palette!  I've been using it every day since I got it last week. My only complaint is that the gold side of Oz isn't as pigmented as the silver. I justified this purchase by telling myself I don't have any of the colors. Yeah right. But lets be honest with ourselves it's fun to treat yourself once and a while. I ordered myself a three pan Inglot palette as well. I hope it arrives soon. I'm really itching to use the bright purples and intense green I picked out. Do you guys want swatches of the Glinda palette? I didn't swatch the shadows yet because all the other gurus got theirs in like March or something. Anyway I hope to see ya'll soon! Have a good day!

3 comments:

Please leave a comment I'd love to hear from you.