Saturday, April 17, 2010

Decadence A BLIX inspired look + Edited to add in pictures of my furry children










I was looking through Glitter is my Crack which is Blix's blog and she had this gorgeous copper and purple look up that reminded me of a painting. The colors were from Aromaleigh but since I don't have those colors I used Hi-Fi eyeshadows that were similar shades to the ones she used. I really like how this look turned out. It's so much deeper than the pictures make it seem. I love how this turned out the colors look so pretty together. It's not my usual bright plus bright equals awesome type of look but seriously jewel tones are my new friends. This post was originally going to be longer but blogger decided to eat half of the words I had written. So yes...

edit: I added puppy and kitty pictures for ya'll since a few of you asked for puppy pictures and I couldn't forget my other child. My cat Freya!

What I used:
Face-
Neutrogena Concealer
Fyrinnae Mineral Foundation in Quartz
Nyx Blush in Mocha

Eyes-
Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Hi-Fi eyeshadow in Dirty ( A sexy bronze/coppery color used on the lid with a small flat shader brush.)
Hi-Fi eyeshadow in Aphrodisiac ( A plum with gold sparkles used on the crease with a pointed blending brush.)
Hi-Fi eyeshadow in Pixies ( To create the flash of lavender BLIX has on her crease I dabbed this on the middle of crease and blended it out.)
Hi-Fi eyeshadow in Let it snow ( My favorite highlight color.)
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero ( Upper lash line.)
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in 1999 ( Lower lash line and waterline.)
Almay liquid eyeliner in Onyx
Colossal Lash mascara

Lips-
Nyx Roundlipstick in Peach ( Later blotted out to make it look more like a berry stain.)

Chihauhaus are very cuddly by the way. My baby is a wee blonde chihuahua that is the best snuggler there is. Yesterday I saw some people I knew from high school we were catching up so I said " Oh let me show you my daughter! She's so adorable." I pulled out my phone and showed them pictures of Abby. Haha they were a bit confused but laughed none the less. The reason I bring this up is because I was cuddling her right as I was writing this. This section was pointless to write haha.
I hope you are all having a good day!
Love, peace and oh what a long day.
Pix

7 comments:

  1. I really like how you faded the purple in the crease.

    Pix of your chihuahua! And it's good that puppies love to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty looks so pretty :D and I DEMAND pics of your doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw your babies are so cute :) I really love this look! The colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning look and what beautiful animal friends you have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dirty is such a pretty color! Also, your cat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you every body! <3 I'm very proud of my babies I think I need to take more pictures of them though!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I'd love to hear from you.