Saturday, November 12, 2011

Glamour or Tee-shirts-fotd




On Friday I was asked to do wedding make-up for a friend. I hadn't spoken to her in a while so when the facebook message popped up a few weeks ago I was surprised. My fiance also officiates weddings so it was kind of like a two for one deal. She really liked her make-up which I had kept natural and sweet. She looked beautiful, not because of my hand, but because of her natural glow. Sadly I didn't get a picture of her make-up like I wanted. I had forgotten my other camera.
After the wedding the fiance and I celebrated by going out to dinner and shopping a bit. I bought the new Too Faced Glamour To Go dream addition palette and a small gift set full of Tarte goodies. I'm really impressed with Tarte I'm certainly going to be buying from them again. I'm kind of in love with their mascara. It's a wet formula which I hate but it makes my eye lashes look so long.

What I used:

Eyes-
TFSI
Nyx Jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk (Used as a base and on the waterline.)
Too Faced Glamour To Go palette
-A shimmery soft pink used in the crease
-Shimmery light pink used on the lid
-Another shimmery mushroom purple used along the outer edge of the crease
-Is there another word for shimmery shade of ivory
Wet n Wild liquid eyeliner pen
Tarte Lights,Camera, Lashes!

lips-
Tarte Lip surge in Enchanted


So I'm curious what high end brands do you like? I love Estee Lauder, I've been buying their make-up since I was eleven years old. Now I usually stick to indie since I love indie so much but it is fun to try out different brands. I can't wait to hear your opinions.

8 comments:

  1. I like MAC, although their incessant release of collections irritates me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of love for Inglot if they count as high end. Love the look, so soft and purdy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wedding appro and pretty! Too bad you didn't get pics of the bride you did makeup on :(. I like Mac (sometimes), Inglot and Estee Lauder (mostly the lipsticks). That's really the only high end I buy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Ki, I do love me some MAC (especially the paint pots & lippies!) though I'm trying to wean myself off of OMGMUSTBUYLESETS!! :sigh:

    I love seeing neutral looks, they remind me just how beautiful "soft & simple" can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty :) I like Illamasqua and occaisionally Mac, that's about it for high ends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love -- I mean REALLY LOVE -- this look on you. It's so simple and understated, but so pretty!

    I've never worn any Tarte eyeshadows or lippies or cheek stuff, etc. but I love their mascara and their Smooth Operator concealer is the best concealer I've found so far (which is to say, it doesn't blow me away the way I'm dreaming a concealer will someday do, but until I find my dream concealer, I'm sticking with this one).

    I also love MAC, especially their eyeshadows and lipsticks. There are other high end brands I like for different things (Smashbox, Nars, Too Faced), but don't have enough experience with them to say they're a favorite.

    I'm dying to try Illamasqua.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *squeals* SO PRETTY AND GIRLY! ^___~

    I loooove MAC lipsticks and blushes, and I also like a bunch of blushes from NARS and Tarte. I absolutely adore Illamasqua and I'm warming up to Benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous look, this is very natural and pretty. My favourite high end brands are MAC, NARS, and Urban Decay. I also have a few things that I enjoy from Chanel, Giorgio Armani (the Eyes To Kill shadows are awesome), and YSL. I find Dior to be disappointing for the price of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I'd love to hear from you.