Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Zhena's Gypsy Tea in Coconut Chai


(picture from the website.)
I love tea. Tea is like a warm hug on a cold day it fixes colds, break ups and is a better companioned with a book. One of my favorite types of tea is Chai. I had it for the first time when I was baby sitting next door. The kids gave me so chai tea mixed with milk and told me it was their favorite drink. It was so fantastic I slurped down the whole drink in about a minute. I've been searching for the perfect chai since that moment. I believe I found it in Zhena's Gypsy Tea.

Type:
Chai

Flavor:
This is a very smooth spiced taste that's very creamy without adding milk. It also has a sweet taste that I think as something to do with the coconut. The flavors are a more complex than can put into words but it's a wonderful tea. Thankfully I can't taste the cardamom I hate that spice so much. It's a chai killer for me. If the cardamom is to heavy I don't drink the tea.

Ingredients:
All organic ingredients that are made clear on the label and on the website. It has the basic chai tea spices with Indian Black tea and added coconut flavoring. The simplest of spices can really turn the tea into something fantastic.

Website/ Stores:
I bought mine at the World Market but I am going to be placing an order sometime in the near future on their website. http://www.gypsytea.com/

Rating: 5 tea cups out of 5

I really recommend the whole brand. Zhena's products are Fair Trade Certified which is fantastic for a human rights minded person like me. ( More information about their Fair Trade practices here http://www.gypsytea.com/FairTrade.aspx )

Love and Peace and Happy Drinking!
Pixie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I'd love to hear from you.