Friday, May 14, 2010

Nebulas of the heart fotd



When I was a very small girl I loved watching Sailor Moon. Watching the show led me to start studying Astronomy to come up with names for my own Sailor Scouts. I loved astronomy I was instantly drawn to the beauty of the space outside of my own imagination. My favorite spacial object were Nebulas. I used to dream of taking a rocket ship to the horse shoe nebula just to play in the newly forming stars. In my mind I would trap bits of star dust to take home.
Now that I'm older I have hundreds of pictures of nebulas gracing the hard drive of my laptop. I still want to visit a nebula but the only way I could is through science fiction shows or shows on the Discovery channel. I was inspired by the heart nebula ( which is red but.... I don't have any red eyeshadow so... uhm... purple and pink it was.) I love the depth and lightness of the Heart nebula although my favorite is Horse head nebula. Enough rambling on to the look~!
( I'd like to thank everyone who gave me advice the other day. I really needed to know that I was doing the right thing by keeping my distance from her for a while. I'll be there for her if she needs me but yeah.)

What I used:

Eyes-
Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Hi-Fi cosmetics eyeshadow in Pixies ( On the inner corner of the eye.)
Hi-Fi cosmetics eyeshadow in Pins and Needles ( On the rest of the lid blended into pixies.)
Hi-Fi cosmetics eyeshadow in Things that Cannot Speak ( Used on the crease BLENDED cos I didn't like how dark it was.)
Hi-Fi cosmetics eyeshadow in Living Large ( over the things that cannot speak because it lightened it up and adds depth.)
Hi-Fi cosmetics eyeshadow in Let it Snow ( Used as a highlight cos I luff it.)
Almay liquid eyeliner in Onyx
Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero
Mascara

lips-
Burts Bees chapstick
Nyx Round Lipstick in Tea Rose

I hope you guys love this look like I do. I really love Hi-Fi cosmetics if you haven't liked her page on facebook go do it! She says she'll be having a huge give away when she reaches a certain amount of likes. :D
Love Pixie

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    I love the color placement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty look! You have such gorgeous eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, I like this a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the Fountain movie, where Rachel Weisz' character is obsessed with.....some starry thing haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful look and it was really nice reading about your space obsessions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMFG! Love, love, love this! And I'm having a total nerdgasm right now over nebulas and space-talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone. :D I'm glad you guys like hearing about my space obsession. Sorry I haven't applied to recent comments, I'm really thankful for the comments. XD

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I'd love to hear from you.